Gian Luca Petrelli: “We were lucky enough to raise money with just paper in our hands.”
BeMyEye co-founder Gian Luca Petrelli
In this week’s episode we are hosting Gian Luca Petrelli, the co-founder of BeMyEye – an Italian startup that just raised a 6.5 million series A round. BeMyEye connects an on-demand workforce with businesses looking for location-specific information, such as checking in-store promotion and prices, generating sales leads or mystery shopping. It is Europe’s leading provider of actionable retail intelligence for brands & retailers including price & product checks and promotional compliance. With its model and technology, BeMyEye is at the forefront of digitization in the retail industry and has the largest mobile crowdsourcing force in Europe that provides real-time value for its clients.
Gian Luca Petrelli on Startup Notes
In this interview, Gian Luca Petrelli shares how he came up with the idea to build Europe’s biggest crowd community of real-world data gathers and how he managed to build one of Italy’s most successful startups.
Here are some of the topics we cover with Gian in this episode of Startup Notes:
- How Gian went from olive oil producer to founder of Europe’s biggest crowd community of real-world data gathers
- Why having a personal need is the best starting point for a successful business
- How Facebook helped BeMyEye to build their community, even in small Italian villages
- His most exciting and most devastating moments as an entrepreneur
- What Gian would do differently and what he would do exactly the same next time
We hope you liked our podcast with Gian! If you would like to hear more unique entrepreneurial insights from an Italian startup expert, listen to our episode with Benedetta Arese Lucini who worked for Rocket Internet and Uber. Now also on iTunes!
You like Startup Notes’ conversations with successful entrepreneurs? We are always interested in getting your feedback – just shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org!