“We were lucky enough to raise money with just paper in our hands.”
In this week’s episode we are hosting Gian Luca Petrelli, the co-founder of BeMyEye, an Italian startup BeMyEye just raised a 6.5 million series A round. BeMyEye connects an on-demand workforce with businesses looking for location-specific information, such as checking in-store promotion and prices, generating sales leads or mystery shopping.
In this interview, Gian Luca shares how he came up with the idea to build Europe’s biggest crowd community of real-world data gathers and how he managed to build one of Italy’s most successful startups.
Here are some of the topics we cover in this episode:
- How he went from olive oil producer to founder of Europe’s biggest crowd community of real-world data gathers
- Why having a personal need is the best starting point for a successful business
- How Facebook helped BeMyEye to build their community, even in small Italian villages
- His most exciting and most devastating moments as an entrepreneur
- What he would do differently and what he would do exactly the same next time